Free Pin The Tail On The Donkey Printable PDF
Are you planning a kids birthday party? Are you fretting about how you will keep a room full of kids entertained for a few hours? Or perhaps you’re looking for something to entertain the whole family on a rainy day? Look no further, Just Family Fun has got you covered with our free pin the tail on the donkey printable pdf!
Pin the tail on the donkey is a classic party game which is sure to give you, your family and any party-goers hours of fun. It’s suitable for all ages, easy to set up and there’s no complicated rules to follow.
What's Included in Our Pin the Tail on The Donkey PDF?
We have created three fun and colourful designs of the pin the tail on the donkey printable pdf, each featuring a different donkey and background. If you are struggling to choose between them, why not print all three? You may well find that the spares come in handy!
The first design we have features a light grey, brown-eyed donkey leaping with joy against a backdrop of rolling countryside and a stunning rainbow. The only thing missing is the donkey’s tail! A small image of the donkey can be found in the top right-hand corner of the pdf. This helps to show where the tail should be pinned. This is of course vital for when it comes to judging who has won the game! The second page of the pdf features six tails and a red spotted blindfold. These should be cut out in order to play the game.
The second design depicts a brown donkey perched atop a hillside, set against the backdrop of a beautiful sunrise. The smaller image of the donkey on the top right-hand side of the pdf shows where the donkey’s tail should be. The second page of the pdf contains the cut-outs needed to play the game. There are six tails to match the colouring of the donkey, and a blue starry blindfold to ensure there’s no peeking when attempting to pin the tail on the donkey!
The third design we have available shows a blue-eyed donkey with a grey and white coat against a background of rolling hills, blue skies and fluffy white clouds. A smaller image of the donkey is available in the top right-hand corner of the page complete with tail! The second page of the pdf contains the cut-outs needed to play the game. There are six tails to cut out, as well as a red spotted blindfold.
How To Play Pin the Tail on The Donkey Printable Game
One of the wonderful things about this game is that it is easy to set up, and a lot of fun to play. In order to set the game up, you will need:
- A print-out of our pin the tail on the donkey pdf. If you have more than six players, remember to print extra copies of the cut-outs page. You might also want to print and cut out some spare blindfolds to keep as spares in case of damage during play.
- A pair of scissors to cut out the tails and blindfold. If your child is helping you to set up, it might be best if you take charge of the cutting out… under their supervision of course!
- A piece of ribbon to tie the blindfold on to each player. This can be threaded through the holes in the blindfold.
- Something to stick the tails on with. We’d recommend blu-tack or double-sided sticky tape. You can of course use pins, but we would advise caution if you have little ones playing. To help the game to flow once you start playing, it’s a clever idea to pre-fasten the blu-tack, tape or pins to the tails in advance.
- A surface to stick the print-out of the donkey on to, such as a wall, door or fence. Position it at the height of your smallest player. Admittedly, that will make it rather more difficult for any adults playing the game but watching the grown-ups crawl around trying to find the donkey will cause much merriment amongst the little ones! If you’re using pins to pin the tail on with, choose a suitable surface that won’t be damaged by the pins, nor difficult to stick the pins into. A corkboard would be ideal for this purpose.
- A pen to write each player’s name on the donkey tails.
It would also be a good idea to perform a visual sweep of the area where you’re playing and ensure to remove any potential trip hazards.
Once you’ve done the simple prep work, the hilarity can begin!
Line the players up in front of the donkey print-out and hand them their tail with their name written on. Fasten the blindfold on to the first player and make sure it’s secure – no peeking! Spin them around and let them loose to find the donkey. Once they have located the donkey, they need to pin the tail on where they think it should go. It’s harder than it sounds! Once everyone has taken their turn, the winner is the person who managed to pin the tail in the closest position to the right spot. Congratulations to the lucky winner!
Kids and adults alike love the absolute silliness of this game. The game is usually won by potluck rather than any actual skill, so the true enjoyment of this game comes from the taking part – and watching others take part! Seeing your nearest and dearest stumble around clutching a donkey’s tail whilst trying to find the donkey never fails to provide amusement for all the family. You will probably find that one round of this game isn’t enough, the kids will want to play it again and again. That’s where it will come in handy if you have printed off a stack of spare copies of the pin the tail on the donkey pdf. It’ll be easy to set up some extra rounds and will give you a chance to use all three designs.
Fun Ideas to Enhance Your Pin the Tail on The Donkey Printable Game
Whilst our pin the tail on the donkey printable game is simple and enjoyable, you might be wondering how to make the most of this classic party game, so we’ve put our heads together and compiled a few ideas.
- There should of course be a suitable prize for the winner or winners. Why not check out our colouring pages, games and puzzles or fun printables? There’s something for everyone to enjoy, and it won’t cost you a penny. You can even print a few extra to put in the kids’ party bags.
- Don’t forget to get your camera out to take lots of videos and snaps. Not only will the kids laugh to watch themselves back afterwards, but these moments will be cherished memories for your family to enjoy for years to come.
- Whilst we’re sure you’ll love our pin the tail on the donkey printable pdf, it can also be fun to try a twist on a classic by using a different variant of the game. For example, if your kids go wild for unicorns, you can try our pin the horn on the unicorn printable game templates.
- After the game, why not challenge the little ones to draw their own donkey? They are more than welcome to copy one of the fun characters from our pin the tail on the donkey pdf!
What Else Can You Play at The Party?
If you’re looking for more ideas for games you can play at the party (or on any rainy day) then we’ve got a few other party games that you can set up with minimal fuss and maximum fun!
- A Scavenger Hunt always goes down a treat. You can download our free pirate treasure hunt clues template and let the hunt begin!
- Everybody loves a good quiz, don’t they? One of our most popular free printables are our free printable emoji quizzes with answers – there’s fifteen variations to choose from. You might also like our guess the riddle game cards, these are popular with children because they are both entertaining and educational.
- In continuing the theme of classic party games like pin the tail on the donkey, why not introduce the kids to some of your favourite childhood party games? Before the days of games consoles, kids had billions of party games to play that involved no screens! You could try classics such as Grandmother’s Footsteps, Duck Duck Goose or Pass the Parcel. As well as teaching classic party games to a new generation, you can bet that the grown-ups will love to re-live their youth with some familiar favourites.
Whether this pin the tail on the donkey printable pdf forms the staple of your kid’s party or whether you’re just entertaining your family on a dull day, we hope that you get hours of fun from our free printable. If you have any stories or photos from your party games, we’d love it if you shared them with us on Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter. We really enjoy seeing our printables come to life!