50 Funny Pirate Sayings
Are you planning a pirate-themed party and in search of some funny pirate sayings? You’re in for a treat because justfamilyfun has compiled a fantastic collection of 50 funny pirate quotes just for you.
You’ll find timeless classics like “Shiver me timbers!” and “Ahoy, matey!” alongside some lesser-known gems, such as “Scurvy dog.”
This list can also be a valuable resource for the classroom, especially if the kids are delving into a pirate-themed learning adventure.
What's Included In Our Funny Pirate Sayins Package
By clicking the button above, you’ll receive a PDF file with two pages filled with funny pirate sayings.
Before you download you can view all the funny pirate quotes below.
Funny Pirate Sayings List
- Ahoy, matey! – Hello, friend!
- Shiver me timbers! – Expressing surprise or shock.
- Yo-ho-ho – A cheerful pirate chant.
- Avast, ye! – Pay attention, everyone!
- Landlubber – Someone who is not a pirate or sailor.
- Batten down the hatches – Get ready for a storm!
- Walk the plank – Punishment where a person is forced to walk off a board into the water.
- Swab the deck – Clean the floor.
- Jolly Roger – The pirate flag.
- Pieces of eight – Pirate treasure.
- Dead men tell no tales – Secrets won’t be revealed if someone’s dead.
- Hornswoggle – To cheat or deceive.
- Aye, aye, Captain! – Yes, I understand and will obey.
- Buccaneers – Pirates.
- Marooned – Left stranded on an island.
- Matey – Friend or buddy.
- Scallywag – A mischievous or rascally person.
- Davy Jones’ locker – The bottom of the sea, where drowned sailors go.
- Treasure map – A map that leads to hidden treasure.
- X marks the spot – The location of the buried treasure.
- Parrot on the shoulder – Pirates often had parrots as pets.
- Sea legs – The ability to adapt to a ship’s motion.
- Thar she blows! – Exclamation when a whale is spotted.
- All hands on deck – Everyone is needed to help.
- Bury the hatchet – Make peace.
- Crow’s nest – The lookout point high on a ship’s mast.
- Scuttlebutt – Gossip or rumors.
- Fire in the hole! – Warning before firing a cannon.
- Shipshape – Everything is in order.
- Pillage and plunder – Steal and loot.
- Black spot – A death threat from a pirate crew.
- Poop deck – The highest deck at the back of the ship.
- Cutlass – A pirate’s sword.
- Doubloons – Gold coins.
- Jibber-jabber – Nonsense talk.
- Ahoy, me hearties! – A friendly greeting to your pirate crew.
- No quarter – No mercy or surrender.
- Broadside – A simultaneous firing of all cannons.
- Avast, me heartie! – Stop and listen, my friend.
- Scurvy dog – An insult for someone who is mean.
- Aye, aye, me heartie! – Yes, yes, my friend!
- Run a tight ship – Maintain control and order.
- Sea chantey – A sailor’s song.
- Hornpipe – A lively dance performed by sailors.
- Poop – The stern of a ship.
- Lass – A young girl.
- Old salt – An experienced sailor.
- Set sail – Start a journey by ship.
- Pirate’s code – A set of rules followed by pirates.
- Booty – Treasure or stolen goods.
More Pirate Goodies
If you’re in search of funny pirate sayings, you might be delighted to learn that justfamilyfun.com offers a variety of other pirate-themed printables. Our collection includes printable pirate flags, treasure maps, and even pirate hats. For further details, please explore the information provided below.
Printable Pirate Flag Template
We’re excited to share that we have three fantastic pirate flag templates available for you.
You have the option to choose between the color version for a quick print if you’re in a hurry.
However, if you’re planning to make it a fun craft activity for the kids, we recommend going for the outline version. This way, your little ones can use their creativity and imagination to craft the perfect Jolly Roger flag. Click here for details.
Printable Pirate Hat Template Designs
If you’re in search of a stylish pirate hat that you can easily print at home, look no further! We offer three captivating designs for you to select from, and they come in both color and outline versions, giving you the option to add your own colors. All you need to do is cut out the pirate hat template, attach the two straps, and you’re all set. Click here to be directed to the download page.
Printable Blank Treasure Map Templates
In need of a treasure map to uncover hidden riches but don’t have one handy? No worries! We’ve got three ready for you to download absolutely free. Click here for further details and access to these maps.
We trust you’ve had a great time exploring our pirate-themed printables. Remember, we offer printables for various occasions, so don’t hesitate to return and discover more of what we have to offer.